7 things about fashion week in Miami
It has been a feast for the eyes at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami.
Hot babes in bikinis. What's not to like?
The private, invite-only five-day show at Raleigh Hotel in South Beach started on Thursday.
The runway line-up at the event, which is in its 10th year, included designers such as Beach Bunny, Dolores Cortes, Luli Fama, Mara Hoffman, Wildfox Swim and Poko Pano.
We round up the event in seven points.
1. What's the perfect place to hold a swim wear fashion show? By the pool, duh.
2. Models often seem like they're from another planet, so it's nice to know they get the jitters too.
3. Slippers??? It's a swim wear theme, we know, but the flip-flops just don't do it for us.
4. Some designs cover a lot.
5. Some designs cover very little.
6. It can get a little crazy backstage. But it's all in good fun.
7. Even dogs can snag a much-coveted invite, if they're fashionable enough.
Source: Wire agencies