Celine Dion cancels Asian tour due to husband's illness
It's all off indefinitely for Celine Dion as her husband battles his health issues.
Dion, 46, has indefinitely cancelled all her concerts, show business activity and upcoming Asia tour in order to care for her husband as he battles ill health, the singer said Wednesday (Aug 13), reported AFP.
She released on her Facebook page the news of her cancelled shows and explained to fans why she has to do so.
Mr Rene Angelil, 72, who was Dion's former manager, had a tumour removed from his throat last December, and his illness has caused "a very difficult and stressful time", the singer told People magazine.
The My Heart Will Go On singer is also suffering from inflammation in her throat muscles, which has prevented her from performing her show at Caesars Palace since the end of last month.
Sources: AFP, People magazine and Facebook