Jay-Z and Solange have apologised to each other
"Families have problems and we're no different."
Jay-Z and his wife Beyonce’s sister say they have apologised to each other and agreed to “move forward” after an “unfortunate” fight in an elevator, which became public with a leaked video.
The celebrity couple and Solange Knowles released a statement on Thursday, after keeping their silence for several days since a security video of her repeatedly attacking Jay-Z emerged last week, triggering fevered online speculation about what they were fighting about.
“Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public," they said in a joint Knowles-Carter family statement.
“They both have apologised to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”
The statement did not explain exactly what the dispute was, but said they both shared any blame and were determined to remain united as a family.
Solange not drunk
They also denied that Solange Knowles, who repeatedly hit and kicked Jay-Z despite the intervention of what appears to be a bodyguard, was drunk or otherwise intoxicated.
“We love each other and above all we are family. We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.”
Meanwhile, Solange decided to use the #tt - or Throwback Thursday - hashtag to post an adorable picture of herself and Beyonce when they were younger, which further disproves the stories that emerged earlier this week in which she was accused of deleting all photos of her sister on Instagram.
It was also reported yesterday that the employee who leaked the footage of the fight from New York City's Standard Hotel surveillance footage has been fired.
Sources: AFP, Complex, TMZ, Hollywood.com