7 cool re-uses for Coke bottles
We've all heard the 3Rs drummed into us at school with teachers continuously encouraging us to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
But Coca-Cola has come up with a simple creative "tool kit" as part of their 2ndLives project, a movement that aims to give their used bottles a second "life".
Created with the help of Ogilvy and Mather, the innovative set includes 16 different caps that can be screwed onto their empty bottles turning them into fun and useful objects for people of all ages.
Coke will give away 40,000 of these modified caps in Vietnam to encourage recycling.
Here are 7 of the different things you can do with a simple Coke bottle:
1. The most creative innovation has to be this. Fill the bottle up with paint and off you go little Picasso.
2. We all know how easily those little sharpeners go missing in school. Why don't you share a big sharpening bottle with your classmates? That way, everyone doesn't need to worry.
3. Soap, shampoo or conditioner for overseas travel, perhaps? Tighten the usual Coca-Cola lid for the plane ride and simply replace it with a soap dispensing lid head once you get to your destination.
4. We all know how big and heavy detergent bottles can be. But a Coca-Cola bottle will lift that weight for you if you turn your empty bottle into a detergent dispenser.
5. Tomato sauce, chilli sauce or even BBQ sauce, just take your pick. This might be just what you need to bring some of your favourite sauces to make lunch just a little tastier.
6. Salt and pepper, maybe? Who needs expensive kitchenware if a Coca-Cola bottle would achieve the same goal for you.
7. Last but certainly not least, how about some water gun fun? The kids will definitely enjoy this one.
Source: Coca Cola, YouTube