What did people buy on Amazon over the holidays? Frozen toys and ... boots?
Online retailer Amazon marked its 20th holiday season with a record-breaking 10 million new members signing up for its membership arm - Amazon Prime.
Here are some impressive facts:
1. 18 toys per second were sold from mobile customers alone on Cyber Monday
2. Tenfold increase in membership compared to the previous holiday season
3. 10 times as many items were ordered with same-day delivery this holiday compared to 2013
4. 60 per cent of customers shopped from their mobile devices
5. The last Prime Now order was placed on Dec 24 at 10.24pm and was delivered at 11.06pm
Holiday best sellers (in no particular order)
1. Toys: Disney Frozen Sparkle Princess Elsa Doll
2. Computers: Acer C720 Chromebook (11.6-inch, 2GB)
3. Video games: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
4. Women's shoes: Dr. Martens Women's 1460 Originals Eight-Eye Lace-Up Boot
5. Movies: Guardians of the Galaxy (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + Digital Copy +DVD)
Amazon adds that it has sold "enough Rubbermaid storage containers to pack a lunch for the entire population of Montana (1 million people)."
Quite the achievement, Amazon.