The great Hunger Games Trivia challenge is on!
The final part of The Hunger Games franchise opens tomorrow. But how well do you know the series? Test yourself and may the odds be ever in your favour
The end of The Hunger Games film franchise is finally upon us after three years.
While it was not as long-drawn as the Harry Potter and The Lord Of The Rings franchises, it managed to hang on through four movies and it has its share of fans. Its worldwide box-office haul is US$2.3 billion (S$3.3 billion) and counting.
The movies have also turned its lead actors - Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth - into global stars.
Based on Suzanne Collins' best-selling trilogy, The Hunger Games gave us powerful heroine Katniss Everdeen (Lawrence), a relatable champion against inequality and class divide.
We saw how Katniss went from being a terrified and inexperienced teenager to a reluctant but resolute revolutionary determined to kill the ruthless President Snow (Donald Sutherland).
In The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2, opening here tomorrow, her plans to eradicate Snow's tyranny are finally in place as the other districts rally around her in their march towards the Capitol to end the war of Panem once and for all.
This final sequel also marks the late Philip Seymour Hoffman's last cinematic outing as gamemaker-turned-propaganda expert Plutarch Heavensbee and reveals District 13 President Alma Coin's (Julianne Moore) agenda in the Panem war.
To mark the end of the Katniss era, we have come up with a quiz to test your knowledge of all things The Hunger Games.
Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favour.
1. Katniss's father named her after a plant. What was it?
2. At what age did the children from Districts 1 to 12 find their names in the lottery to participate in the annual Hunger Games?
3. Which district did Rue (Amandla Stenberg), whom Katniss formed an alliance with in the 74th Hunger Games, come from?
A. District 8
B. District 9
C. District 10
D. District 11
4. How did Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) escape capture from the other Tributes after sustaining a bad leg injury in the 74th Hunger Games?
A. Stay up in the trees
B. Camouflage himself
C. Hole up in a cave
D. Hide behind bushes
5. Katniss and Peeta attempt to kill themselves at the end of the 74th Hunger Games by eating a poisonous berry. What was it?
6. Katniss' and Peeta's mentor, Haymitch Abernathy (Woody Harrelson), was a victor of which Hunger Games?
A. 48th Hunger Games
B. 49th Hunger Games
C. 50th Hunger Games
D. 51st Hunger Games
7. What was the colour of flamboyant TV host Caesar Flickerman's (Stanley Tucci) hair in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire?
8. What insect was prominently featured on Effie Trinket's (Elizabeth Banks) yellow dress when she called out Peeta's and Katniss's names for the 75th Hunger Games?
9. Finnick Odair (Sam Claflin) was forced by President Snow to become a prostitute after winning the 65th Hunger Games. What did Odair ask his clients for in exchange for his services?
10. What was Johanna Mason's (Jena Malone) weapon of choice in the Quarter Quell?
A. A spear
B. A trident
C. Her teeth
D. An axe
11. Who discovered that the arena for the 75th Hunger Games was designed like a clock?
12. What was used on Peeta to brainwash him after he was captured by Snow?
A. Jabberjay screams
B. Rose-scented poison
C. Mockingjay songs
D. Tracker jacker venom
13. Which actress plays Cressida, the director of Katniss's propos (propaganda videos) used to rally the rebels?
A. Natalie Dormer
B. Emilia Clarke
C. Lena Headey
D. Sophie Turner
14. What message did Katniss have for President Snow at the end of the first propo when she stood amid the burning ruins of a hospital in District Eight?
A. We will never stop fighting.
B. You better run, we are coming for you.
C. We will destroy you.
D. If we burn, you burn with us.
15. What was Gale's (Liam Hemsworth) primary contribution to District 13 after the Capitol destroyed District 12?
B. Weapons designer
C. Military strategist
16. District 13's President Alma Coin lost her husband and daughter to this disease. What was it?
17. To help Peeta cope with his confusion between memories that are real and memories that have been hijacked, a game was devised for him to play. What is it?
B. Truth or dare
C. Real or not real
D. Spin the bottle
18. Who sang the song The Hanging Tree in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1, which was also featured on the film's official soundtrack?
A. The Lumineers
D. Jennifer Lawrence
19. This actress plays a Commander in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 and also has a role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Who is she?
A. Elizabeth Banks
B. Gwendoline Christie
C. Willow Shields
D. Stef Dawson
20. How many Oscar winners are among The Hunger Games cast?
- 1. D
- 2. C
- 3. A
- 4. B
- 5. A
- 6. C
- 7. C
- 8. A
- 9. D
- 10. D
- 11. B
- 12. D
- 13. A
- 14. D
- 15. B
- 16. D
- 17. C
- 18. D
- 19. B
- 20. C