5 crazy reasons people call 999
You should call 999 only in an emergency. Everyone knows that.
But it seems people can't quite agree on the definition of an emergency.
The Greater Manchester Police in the UK have released four recordings of irresponsible emergency calls, and they are totally bizarre.
You can't make this stuff up.
1. If there's a hedgehog in your garden, don't call the police.
2. If a vending machine has swallowed your money, don't call the police.
3. If you bought shoes from a store, but want a refund, don't call the police.
4. If pizza hasn't been delivered after 45 minutes, don't call the police.
5. Here's another inane reason for calling 999: Getting shot in a video game.
Source: YouTube/GM Police