Father learns on live TV that missing son is found in home basement
This is the moment a father learns his missing son is found in the home basement.
Yes, you read that right. Twelve-year-old Charlie, who was missing for 11 days, was found alive and well in his own home in Detroit.
Mr Charles Bothuell IV was live on television network HLN when he learnt of the news. He was there to talk about his son's disappearence, reported Mail Online.
When news anchor Nancy Grace broke the news, he looked confused and had trouble forming sentences.
Didn't he check the basement before reporting his kid missing? Yes, and so have many other people in the past two weeks.
Mr Bothuell said: "I checked my basement. The FBI checked my basement. The police checked my basement. My wife checked my basement. I've been down there several times. We've all been checking."
Cadaver dogs also searched the house last week, reported National Post.
Didn't know he was there
CBC News reported that officers found the boy while serving a search warrant on the home which he shares with his father and stepmother.
Charlie was hiding in the basement behind a makeshift barrier of boxes.
It’s not clear if the boy had been there the whole time, reported National Post.
The boy went missing on June 14.
Mr Bothuell said his son was working out, stopped to go to the bathroom and never came back, reported ClickOnDetroit.
USA Today quoted Mr Bothuell as saying: "For anybody to imply that I somehow knew that my son was in the basement, it's absurd and it's wrong."
Sources: Mail Online, USA Today, HLN, CBC News, National Post, ClickOnDetroit