Girl dies from club drug dad gave her

This article is more than 12 months old

A teenage girl died after taking club drug MDMA - the active ingredient in Ecstasy pills - in her Kent home.

Chloe Wilkes, 17, was rushed to hospital after she collapsed and died a few hours later on June 27.

Now her father Jason Wilkes has appeared in court accused of manslaughter.

The 44-year-old has also been charged with conspiracy to supply the illegal drug following the death of Chloe Wilkes.

He will appear in court on Aug 18.

Social media tribute

Almost 300 teachers, friends and family members paid tribute to the teenager on a Facebook page set up in her memory yesterday, Kent Online reported.

Jon Whitcombe, headmaster of The North School in Ashford, which Chloe left last year, said: "These are a desperately sad set of circumstances and our thoughts are with family and friends at this most difficult of times."

Close friend Luke Payne wrote on the page: "I miss you so much, can’t believe I won’t ever see you again. I love u so much!"

The initial hearing ruled that Chloe died after taking MDMA, one of the key components of ecstasy pills. A full inquest into the teen's death will be held at a later date.

Sources: Facebook, Kent Online