Man, 69, succumbs to dengue
A 69-year-old man died of dengue on Thursday (Nov 27).
The Chinese man, living at Chuan Terrace located in an active dengue cluster, was admitted to Mount Alvernia Hospital three days ago.
During an inspection of the area, the National Environment Agency (NEA) detected 20 counts of mosquito breeding.
Measures to kill mosquitos in the area are ongoing and residents have been encouraged to cooperate.
There has been a consecutive dip in the number of dengue cases reported over the last five weeks.
149 cases were reported in the week ending Nov 22, 10 cases lower than the previous week.
But the NEA has urged everyone to remain vigilant in preventing mosquito breeding by doing the 5-step Mozzie Wipeout:
1. Change water in vases and bowls on alternate days
2. Remove water from flower pot plates on alternate days
3. Turn over all water storage containers
4. Cover bamboo pole holders when not in use
5. Clear blockages and put BTI insecticide in roof gutters monthly