Man arrested for attacking three women in Woodlands
Police have arrested a 31-year-old man who allegedly attacked three women in Woodlands in separate cases earlier this year.
The women made the reports of Aggravated Outrage of Modesty between March and August, stated a police press release on Wednesday.
The police conducted intensive investigations, but the culprit remained elusive for months.
The authorities eventually established the culprit's identity, and arrested him near Kranji Road at about 8.25pm on Tuesday (Oct 28).
He will be charged in court tomorrow (Oct 30) with Outrage of Modesty under Certain Circumstances.
If found guilty of the offence, he can be jailed for up to 10 years and caned.
- Be wary of strangers who approach you in crowded areas
- Stay close to your friends or move around in groups when in crowded places
- Be aware of your surroundings
- If someone stands exceptionally close to you, or if you suspect that you are being followed, remain calm and proceed to a crowded area or call the police
- Avoid taking short-cuts through dark and deserted places
- Do not enter a lift with a stranger. Let the stranger take the lift and wait for the next one
- Where possible, do not nap while travelling on public transport
- If you are returning home late at night, ask someone to escort you
- If you are molested, shout for help or activate your shrill alarm. Take note of what the culprit looked like, where he/she went and his/her mode of escape. Call the police