Prince William takes legal action to stop baby George's 'stalkers'
At the age of one, baby George has not one but two 'stalkers'.
And his parents have started legal action to stop their royal baby from being hounded by the paparazzi.
Prince William sent legal letters to two freelance photographers who work for the same agency, whom he believes have been pursuing his son during walks in London parks with the nanny.
Insiders say there have also been a number of “clear privacy breaches” involving Prince George in recent weeks, including several near his home at Kensington Palace, London Evening Standard reported yesterday (Oct 2).
The final straw came last week when a photographer apparently tried to take pictures of the young prince in Battersea Park.
There was also an episode when a photographer was told to move on by police after being spotted waiting outside Buckingham Palace, where the prince is occasionally taken for a swim in the palace pool.
A spokesman for the couple said: "The Duke and Duchess have taken legal steps to ask that an individual ceases harassing and following both Prince George and his nanny as they go about their ordinary daily lives.
"An incident last week... is reason to suspect that the individual may have been placing Prince George under surveillance and monitoring his daily routines for a period of time."
The London Evening Standard quoted a source saying: “Just like any parent, the Duke and Duchess want Prince George to have the freedom to safely experience normal childhood activities, like going to the park and playing with other children, without the threat of harassment or being placed under surveillance.
Warned several times
It is understood that protection officers have spoken to the individual about his behaviour towards members of the Royal Family on previous occasions over a number of years.
It is not the first time the couple, who are expecting their second child, have had concerns about privacy, Daily Mail said.
Earlier this year, a German tabloid Bild published a photograph showing Kate's bottom, when a gust of wind blew up her dress as she walked with William during their tour of Australia.
French magazine Closer sparked anger by printing topless images of Kate, 32, while she was sunbathing on a private holiday with William, 31, in September 2012.
Sources: Daily Mail, London Evening Standard