Family's Hari Raya preparations up in flames
A family's Hari Raya preparations suffered a setback when fire engulfed their three-room flat.
It happened at 4.30am on Saturday at a fifth-storey unit in Block 23, Marsiling Drive.
The fire is believed to have started from the kitchen before spreading to the living room. The flat's six occupants escaped without injuries.
Singapore Civil Defence Force dispatched two fire engines, one Red Rhino and three supporting appliances to the scene and extinguished the fire using a water jet.
A Facebook posting of the fire immediately generated an outpouring of support for the family.
People who read about the incident have offered assistance to the family.
Donors were directed to Marsiling CCC, which is heading donation collection efforts for the family.
Senior Parliamentary Secretary Hawazi Daipi and Marsiling grassroots members also visited the family and their affected neighbours yesterday.
The Facebook post added that Mr Hawazi has organised alternative accommodation for the family and made a donation to help them.