Is this the Food Elections? Politicians can't stop posting photos of food
It all started with one heavenly-tasting oyster omelette (orh luak).
Now, it seems that politicians contesting in the upcoming General Election think that the best way to get voters is through their stomaches.
The People's Action Party candidates have held press conferences in coffee shops as well as served food to residents.
Meanwhile, some candidates, including those from the opposition parties, have been sharing their favourite food on their social media pages.
Below are some examples:
1) Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC candidate Chee Hong Tat is clearly a fan of a big breakfast as he indulges in some vadai and bee hoon.
2) Joo Chiat MP Charles Chong, whose constituency will be absorbed into Marine Parade GRC, said that his orh neng tasted better in Aljunied. Although, he did have a mini-gaffe as he first wrongly called it orh luak earning him backlash.
3) Marine Parade GRC MP Tan Chuan-Jin thinks that the best orh luak is in Chinatown. What do you think?
4) He Ting Ru from the Workers' Party (WP) chalked up the "sudden explosion" of food posts to the fact that "everyone has to eat".
She has even conducted a poll to ask Singaporeans what their favourite dish is.
(You can also take our poll if you think you know where the best oyster omelette in Singapore is).
5) Posting the same photo as He, WP's Terence Tan believes that the prawn noodles and rojak in Marine Parade are "divine".
6) WP's Shaneet Rai, 27, who is expected to stand in Nee Soon GRC, believes that the taste of bean curd is "heavenly".
P.S. Is that lawyer Josephus Tan reading a WP pamphlet?
7) While other candidates have been raving about hawker centre dishes, it seems like Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC MP Teo Ser Luck is satisfied with his instant noodle.
8) Jalan Besar GRC MPs like Yaacob Ibrahim served teh tarik to residents when they announced the GRC's team on Aug 16. Dr Yaacob looks excited!
PHOTO: TNP/CHOO CHWEE HWA
9) The candidates for Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC served food to the residents when they announced their team on Aug 21. Hope their clothes stayed spotless!
PHOTO: ST/MARK CHEONG