John Legend's All of Me most played song at Singapore weddings
What song are you guaranteed to hear at most weddings?
The answer, according to Spotify, is John Legend's All of Me.
Spotify revealed that Legend's ballad All of Me is Singaporeans' top song to tie the knot to.
And it's no surprise - because the song is genuinely an accurate depiction of true love.
Legend croons in the song: "Even when you're crying, you're beautiful too"
And well, we have seen Legend's wife Chrissy Tiegen cry.
Beautiful is... a questionable word when describing Tiegen's crying face.
But if Legend calls it beautiful, it must be true love.
Other songs included in the Top 20 list were mostly saccharine sweet romantic ballads.
These include Christina Perri's A Thousand Years and Adele's Make You Feel My Love in second and third place.
Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud also made the cut.
And it's not surprising with lyrics like these:
"And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23."
This song was also the most popular song in the world for the first dance.
But what is surprising?
The inclusion of Bruno Mars' Marry You, which was 15th in the list. The song, despite its title, is also, in my opinion, the most deceivingly unromantic song in the last few years.
I'm not sure why anyone would get married to these lyrics: "It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do".
After months of planning your wedding, why would couples want to get married to a song that basically states that the subjects in the song got married because they were bored.
It also appears that songs with "Marry" in the title are popular.
The song by Train and another similarly titled song by Jason Derulo also made the list.
If you needed any help choosing songs for your wedding playlist, here is the top 20 list:
1. All of Me – John Legend
2. A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
3. Make You Feel My Love – Adele
4. Stuck On You – Meiko
5. I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
6. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
7. Lucky – Jason Mraz, Colbie Caillat
8. You are the Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
9. Everything – Michael Bublé
10. Marry Me – Train
11. Marry Me – Jason Derulo
12. You and I – Ingrid Michaelson
13. The Way I Am – Ingrid Michaelson
14. Home – Edward Sharpe, The Magnetic Zeros
15. Marry You – Bruno Mars
16. How long Will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
17. Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
18. Latch (Acoustic) – Sam Smith
19. Bonfire Heart – James Blunt
20. Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars