National Day Photo Contest Terms & Conditions
1. The "National Day Photo Contest"(the "Contest") is organised by Singapore Press Holdings Limited ("SPH") and Canon (Singapore) Pte Ltd ("Canon") (collectively, the "Organisers". The Contest is only open to Singaporeans and PRs aged 15 years old and above. Employees of the Organisers and their related corporations and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the Contest.
2. Entry into this Contest is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions ("T&Cs") and any amendments hereto, which shall be final and binding on you. Amendments to the T&Cs will be published on tnp.sg. Non-compliance with these T&Cs may disqualify you at any stage of the Contest, and any prizes won may be forfeited.
3. You may submit multiple entries to the Contest but can only win one prize.
4. You agree to submit only original photographs which (a) had not previously been published, exhibited or submitted to another contest that is currently underway, (b) had not previously won any contest, and (c) is not inaccurate, misleading, libellous, defamatory, threatening, pornographic, obscene, indecent, lewd, abusive, illegal, political, racist, religious, blasphemous, false, an infringement of any intellectual property rights of a third party, or would otherwise violate or encourage the violation of any law (including the Official Secrets Act (Cap.213) and the Personal Data Protection Act 2012) or the proprietary or other rights of any third party.
5. By submitting an entry to the Contest, you:
a) confirm the accuracy of all information provided by you;
b) grant each of SPH and Canon a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license, with the right to sub-licence, to use (including without limitation, to store, reproduce, modify, distribute, publish in any format, display, communicate, transmit, broadcast, podcast, webcast, or broadcast) the materials submitted by you, including to publish the same in The Sunday Times and in the online, iPad/iPhone and/or Android Tablet/Smartphone editions of The Straits Times;
c) represent and warrant that materials submitted by you are your own original works and do not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party, and would not violate any law (including the Personal Data Protection Act 2012), and that the same may be used and published by the Organisers and other users in any way without requiring any further licences or consents from any other person; and
d) agree to indemnify and hold the Organisers and their subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, liabilities (including statutory liability and liability to third parties), penalties, and costs (including without limitation, legal costs on a full indemnity basis), awards, losses and/or expenses, due to or arising out of the materials submitted by you.
e) agree that:
ii) the Organisers may collect, use, disclose and share amongst themselves and their respective service providers, your personal data, including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of you ("Material") for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in the Organisers' publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites, in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the Contest or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and
iii) the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in the Organisers, or any of them, without further compensation.
6) A participant who wishes to (i) request access to a copy or correction of his/her personal data, or (iii) withdraw consents given under paragraph 5(e) above to his/her personal data being used for particular purposes, shall write to SPH and Canon separately in respect of records held by, or consents given to, SPH and Canon respectively.
7) The Organisers' decision at all stages of the Contest is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
8) The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss or damage in connection with the Contest, or any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law. Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, no representations, warranties, terms or conditions that are not expressly stated in these terms and conditions apply to this competition or the prizes and all implied warranties (including of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any prize) are excluded. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and non-cash prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.