Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat to deliver Budget 2017 on Feb 20
Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat will deliver Singapore's Budget Statement for 2017 in Parliament on Feb 20, the Ministry of Finance (MOF) announced yesterday.
Mr Heng suffered a stroke in May last year but has been back at work at the Ministry since August, busying himself with the Committee on the Future Economy and this year's Budget.
Announcing the date, MOF encouraged people to continue sending in their views and suggestions on issues relevant to Budget 2017, The Straits Times reported.
They can do so through the following channels:
- Singapore Budget Website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg)
- Reach Discussion Forum (www.reach.gov.sg/participate/discussion-forum)
- Reach Budget microsite (www.reach.gov.sg/budget2017)
- Reach Singapore Facebook (www.facebook.com/REACHSingapore)
- Reach Singapore Twitter @REACH_Singapore. Use the hashtag, #SGBudget2017
- Reach E-mail Address (email@example.com)
- Reach Toll-Free Hotline 1800-353-5555 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.45pm)
- SMS 9-SPEAK-UP (9-77325-87)
A pre-Budget Facebook Q&A session will be held today from 8pm to 9.30pm, and people are welcome to join the 'live' Q&A session on Reach's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/REACHSingapore).
Reach will also stage the last pre-Budget Listening Point on Sunday from 7.30am to 11.30am at the Hougang Hawker Centre at Block 681 in Hougang Avenue 8.
Those who wish to receive the Budget Statement via e-mail after it has been delivered can visit the Singapore Budget website to subscribe to the Budget Statement mailing list.
You can subscribe to this free service from Jan 19 until Feb 17.