Fire at Bukit Panjang coffee shop
A fire broke out on Wednesday (March 16) morning at Bangkit 257 Coffee House at Block 257, Bangkit Road.
The fire is believed to have started at around 10.30am at the economical rice stall after a wok of oil was left unattended on the stove.
Tenants in the coffee shop tried to put out the fire with buckets of water and a fire extinguisher to little avail.
An SCDF spokesman said that a fire engine, two red rhinos, three fire bikes, a support vehicle and an ambulance were dispatched to the scene.
The fire was extinguished within 20 minutes and no injuries were reported.
The tenants said that coffee shop will be closed until repairs and renovations are completed.
Get the full story in our print edition (March 17).
Subscribe to The New Paper in print and digital at www.tinyurl.com/getTNP