Fire at JEM shopping mall
Her customers asked her to hurry up and left her shop quickly, saying they smelt smoke.
Ms Mabel Won, 27, a salesperson on the first storey of Jem mall in Jurong, said she was soon told by security guards to evacuate the building due to a fire.
"I could smell and see the smoke from level one," she said. "There were a lot of people running, some were taking pictures of the situation."
The fire had started in a Burger King outlet (above) at basement one. The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) reported on their Facebook page that the fire happened at about 8.30pm last night.
The fire was reported to be confined to the kitchen of the restaurant, and was extinguished by the activation of the sprinkler system prior to the SCDF's arrival. There were no reported injuries.
- Vernette Chia