Food delivery driver commits 8 offences in 6 months

This article is more than 12 months old

Food delivery rider jailed 18 weeks and ordered to pay $700

Food delivery rider Addy Izwan Ahmad let his violent behaviour get him in trouble.

In six months, the 29-year-old committed eight offences in five separate incidents, including using criminal force on an enforcement officer, using abusive words and committing mischief.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Dwayne Lum told the court yesterday that Izwan showed he had no qualms re-offending each time.

On Nov 18 last year, he parked his motorcycle near the taxi stand at Jurong Point and was told by enforcement officer Tipagaran Sadayel, 30, to move it away, the court heard.

When he did not do so, Mr Sadayel took down his licence plate number.

Izwan became angry and splashed the warm milk tea he was drinking on Mr Sadayel. He also hurled vulgarities when the officer called the cops.

Yesterday, District Judge Chay Yuen Fatt sentenced Izwan, who is now in a drug rehabilitation centre, to 18 weeks' jail after he pleaded guilty to five of the eight charges against him.

In another incident, Izwan was warded at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital after a road traffic accident on Dec 29 last year.

Two days later, he asked a nurse to get the doctor as he wanted to leave the hospital. She told him the doctor was on his way and asked him to wait.

Later, the nurse saw him leaving the ward and told him the doctor was on his way to approve his discharge.

He saw the nurse as he was leaving the hospital and spat at her. A security officer detained him.

Izwan was also ordered to pay $700 for the cost of repairs to two dents on the car of Mr Ryan Teo Yi Quan, 21, in a road rage incident on April 6 this year.

In the incident, Izwan's motorbike and Mr Teo's car came very close to each other during a right turn.

When the two men stopped at the traffic light junction at Bukit Batok West Avenue 5, Izwan got off his motorbike and kicked the driver's door while shouting at Mr Teo to get out of the car.

He also kicked the right fender and tried to pull open the two front doors. Mr Teo's 20-year-old friend was in the front passenger seat.

He left the scene when Mr Teo called the police.

On April 27, two police officers stopped Izwan in Bukit Batok Street 21 to check on him for suspected drug offences. He hurled vulgarities at one of the officers and was arrested.