Guardiola: Sane a fantastic asset
Manchester City have completed the signing of Germany winger Leroy Sane from Schalke, the Premier League club have announced.
The 20-year-old has signed a five-year deal at the Etihad Stadium after a fee, understood to be around £37 million ($65.5m), was agreed between the two clubs.
Sane's arrival continues new manager Pep Guardiola's rebuilding of the City squad, following the signings of Nolito, Ilkay Guendogan and Oleksandr Zinchenko this summer.
Sane told the club's website: "I feel really good, I'm happy to be here and happy that it has all worked out.
"Now I can settle here in Manchester and play for City.
"One of the reasons I decided to join City was Pep Guardiola; he convinced me to come here and that I can continue to progress.
"I know I will learn a lot under him and now I can take the next step in my career.
"I followed Pep at Barcelona and at Bayern, where he achieved a lot and worked really well with young players.
"I think he can make me a more complete player.
"I think I will need a bit of time to start with because it's another league and there's a different style of play but I think I can adapt very quickly."
Sane, rated as one of Europe's top emerging talents, has made rapid progress since his professional bow in April 2014. His highlights include scoring in a Schalke win at Real Madrid.
He made 42 appearances for the club last season, scoring nine goals. He also broke into the Germany national side and was in their squad for Euro 2016.
Guardiola said: "He is a special talent, and an exciting player who I think our supporters will enjoy watching.
"He has great technical ability, is comfortable on the ball and there is much to admire about the way he plays football.
"He is fast, enjoys creating chances for others, works hard for the team and scores goals, too.
"He also has a very positive attitude and will fit in well with our squad.
"At 20, he is still developing as a player, but he is already a member of the German national side and I think he will be a fantastic asset to our club.
"We are very happy he decided to join us." - PA Sport.
Other City record signings
- Kevin de Bruyne (From Wolfsburg, £54 million ($95.6m), 2015)
- Few would have expected the Belgian to command such a fee after he left Chelsea for just £18m a year earlier, but the playmaker justified the price with an impressive first season at City.
- Raheem Sterling (Liverpool, £44m, 2015)
- Bought for a fee that could rise to £49m, the England international has something to prove after an injury-hit first campaign at the Etihad Stadium and an underwhelming Euro 2016.
- Eliaquim Mangala (Porto, £42m, 2014)
- The Frenchman's future has been the subject of speculation after two largely disappointing seasons since his arrival.
- Sergio Aguero (At Madrid, £38m, 2011)
- The prolific Argentinian has been one of the key figures in City's recent successes and has netted 136 times in his five seasons in Manchester. - PA Sport.