Merlion Cup back after 20 years
Basketball fans here eager to witness Merlion Cup action after a 20-year hiatus can start buying tickets from National Day.
The tournament, which features six high-level regional club teams, will be held at the OCBC Arena from Sept 21 to 25.
Asean Basketball League runners-up Singapore Slingers are in Group A and will tip off the competition against Kinmen Kaoliang Liquor (Taiwan) at 6.30pm on Sept 21, before taking on Yao Ming-owned Shanghai Sharks (China) two days later.
Malaysia Dragons, Mighty Sports (Philippines), Seoul Samsung Thunders (South Korea) are in Group B.
Concession tickets at $10 each are available to those with a valid local student pass or senior citizen card.
Season passes are priced at $75 each, while standard tickets cost $15 for weekdays and $20 for weekends.
Courtside tickets are also available for $50 each on weekdays and $60 on weekends.
The public may purchase Merlion Cup tickets online at www.sportshubtix.sg or via phone booking at +65 31587888.
Operation hours are 10am to 8pm from Mondays to Saturdays, and 12pm to 8pm on Sundays and public holidays.
Meanwhile, National Basketball League Division I action resumes next Wednesday until Sept 10, with 11 teams vying for the championship which SBPHK Hornets won last year.
The annual competition has traditionally been a fertile ground for national selectors, who scout and invite promising talent to join the men's national team programme.
- 6.30pm: Kinmen Kaoliang Liquor v Singapore Slingers
- 8.30pm: Samsung Thunders v Mighty Sports
- 6.30pm: Malaysia Dragons v Samsung Thunders
- 8.30pm: Shanghai Sharks v Kinmen Kaoliang Liqour
- 6.30pm: Mighty Sports v Malaysia Dragons
- 8.30pm: Singapore Slingers v Shanghai Sharks
- 6.30pm: Semi-final 1 - Group A runners-up v Group B champions
- 8:30pm Semi-final 2 - Group A champion v Group B runners-up
- 1pm: 5th/6th play-off
- 3.30pm 3rd/4th play-off
- 6pm: Final