Now gelded, First Apostle looks ready for a winning show
TODAY'S SOUTH AFRICA (GREYVILLE) RACE CARD South Africa preview
RACE 1 (1,000M)
(1) BLETCHLEY shows good pace and deserves his win now. The drop in distance must suit and he has a plum draw to boot.
(11) LIVER QUEEN confirmed his debut potential when trying this surface last time and can only get better.
(7) IMAGINATION has been a bit disappointing but has gone close here. Check his run on the 9th of Dec first.
RACE 2 (1,200M)
(1) ANDERMATT can score an overdue win after rest. All of her runs to date were fair and in decent company. She has a much better draw than in her polytrack debut.
(11) QUEENS PROSPECT made a fair debut running on after jumping slow. She could be a big improver and must be watched in the canter past.
(3) BURFI, (5) SONIC A P and reserve (13) ARRAN ISLES have claims.
RACE 3 (1,900M)
(7) JAY JAY'S GIRL came on after rest (when backed) and should not go backwards. The longer trip should not pose a problem if judged on pedigree.
(10) BLUE HYDRANGEA is another with some fair bloodlines and she races as if she'll get a bit more distance.
(1) DISRUPT stayed on in a fast run race after rest in her first try at Scottsville.
(9) ARIES made a fair local debut - watch.
RACE 4 (1,600M)
(9) DRUNKEN MASTER had wide draws to overcome in his previous races and some of these runs weren't bad. Certainly they are good enough to see him go well in this race especially from a decent draw.
(1) PATROCLUS has run well over different surfaces and distances and is trying hard. He could get it right.
(2) DOUBLE VISION is also getting the hang of things - he has the best of the draw.
RACE 5 (1,600M)
Youngsters (8) MARSHALL THAT and (6) PALLADIUM renew rivalry and at the weights it favours the former but the latter has a good record on turf and could get close again.
(1) SILVER SPRING is the best among the older runners and he had excuses after a good win which came after rest. He could be a big threat here.
(5) CAPEL TOP and (2) MUMSY'S JET should be in the firing line.
RACE 6 (1,600M)
(7) FIRST APOSTLE made progress after a rest and may be on the improve again. He showed potential earlier and now gelded could show what he can do.
(2) AIR CHIEF MARSHALL has been beaten as favourite a few times now and may reward followers. His best recent run was on the turf at Scottsville.
(6) THE POET ran a cracker after rest last time. He could finally land his second win.
RACE 7 (1,600M)
(12) TANAMI ran on well but too late to trouble Miss Minver who is proving unbeatable in her division to date. A wide draw may not spoil it for the backmarker who races for an in-form yard.
(1) MAYFAIR also caught the eye last time and has gone close on the turf track previously. She looks a serious contender as well.
(11) TRIP QUEENS made a fair local debut and should get stronger.