Top jockey Marcus can steer home Chiron
Wednesday's South Africa (Greyville) preview
RACE 1 (1,000M)
(6) CHIRON gets the services of leading rider Anton Marcus and he looks to be the one with biggest scope for improvement. His trial was good but he had things go wrong on his debut proper.
(1) FIVES WILD has turned in some decent performances and from draw two should have every chance.
(4) CAPTAIN SNELL has been rested and makes his debut for a new yard.
(7) THE NEW GENERATION tries blinkers.
RACE 2 (1,200M)
(8) SPUME absolutely flew home in his last try when second. He can get it right as the faster pace will suit but this is competitive.
(3) BLACKBURN ROC looked dangerous last time at Scottsville and is on the up now. He races for a stable in top form.
(6) SIGISMUND went too far last time. Expect improvement.
(7) SOLSBURY HILL was backed last time out. Watch the tote.
RACE 3 (1,400M)
(8) HOLE IN ONE showed good pace in his trial. He is bred for this longer trip and has a decent draw so expect a big show.
(2) WALTERTHEPENNILESS flew home from far back and hs made improvement but (8) HOLE IN ONE appears the stable elect on riding arrangements - still he could get close.
(9) JUST DIXIT has shown potential.
RACE 4 (1,400M)
(2) FLEEK ran a decent race over this trip last time. She has run well on the Poly and having drawn ideally should rate a big chance.
(1) BARBARA finished runner-up in her two runs before a break. She would have matured and could come out firing.
(3) SUCH A RUSH can score her maiden win.
(8) FONTEYN and (11) KILVINGTON have potential.
RACE 5 (1,200M)
(1) AMBER FURST can win this. She was impressive from a poor draw. However, she is lightly raced and only the race will show her consistency.
(3) GORGEOUS GUEST is hard to catch when dictating the pace and she could follow up.
(5) DUNZIE has become competitive.
(6) EASY GINGER has shown.
RACE 6 (1,000M)
(6) LONDON KNIGHT won a good contest last time. He has a plum draw and could follow up.
(8) HONEST PRINCE doesn't have the best of barriers but has improved over this trip. He looks a danger.
(5) ROYALSECURITYPOWER was hampered at a crucial stage last time but has a good draw today.
(7) PHOEBUS showed good pace last time.
RACE 7 (1,600M)
(3) GAT HENSHAW has drawn a good gate and should have every chance.
(2) AMOR ADIENTE is back over the 1,600m trip. He won a nice race over the distance in his penultimate.
(1) Q THE MUSIC may be stretched by the trip but he could well enjoy it as well.
(8) ELUSIVE WOLF looks to have claims.