What happens when kids interview Brendan Rodgers? You get this...
It's not easy being Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers.
Apart from managing his players and making sure that the £75 million ($158m) from Luis "Hannibal" Suarez's transfer to Barcelona is invested properly, the Northern Irishman has to handle a never-ending stream of queries from the media about his team.
Despite his experience, nothing could have prepared Rodgers for what he was about to face when the club put him up for a press conference in front of some local youngsters during their pre-season preparations, which was then put online in a 10-minute video by Liverpool TV.
Some choice questions from the floor include:
- After Team USA's performances in the World Cup, what can you Brits learn from us Americans about soccer?
- During the Super Bowl, the entertainment at half-time is amazing. Who would you like to see in person during half-time at Anfield?
- Who has more fans - Liverpool FC or the Beatles?
- Why do football players fall over like they're really hurt when someone goes near them?
- Why do people from Liverpool talk funny?
- Which name sounds better - soccer or football?
Watch what Rodgers had to say here - it will be a good 10 minutes well spent no matter which team you support.
Source: Liverpool official website